The aims of this course are:
- to strengthen the students’ existing knowledge of English (focusing on grammar in particular),
- to acquire new knowledge about the English language and the literature, history and culture of the English-speaking countries,
- to learn about cross-linguistic and cross-cultural issues,
- to learn the basic English vocabulary related to general linguistics,
- to practice the students’ writing skills,
- to practise students’ speaking skills and critical thinking skills on topics related to language(s), culture and literature in general by encouraging the students to express themselves openly;
- to develop the students’ presentation skills.
In the virtual classroom, you can find extra study materials and exercises, lists of useful links related to the English language etc.
- Izvajalec: Veronika Piccinini